SALAD MIMOZA - Serving for 4:
8 Eggs, hard-boiled
320 g Smoked Salmon
4 tbsp Salmon Roe
2 cups mayonnaise
Salt, to taste
1. Place the carrots and potatoes in a pot, cover with water so that it barely covers the vegetables. Season with salt.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 25-35 minutes.
3. Drain the water from the vegetables and cool them.
4. When they are cool enough to handle, peel them and chop into smaller pieces.
6. Cut Smoked Salmon by hand into the small cube. Mix the Salmon with about 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and dill.
7. Assemble the salad: On a plate or in a glass, assemble the salad one layer at a time, and make 2 smaller salads, about 6 cm in diameter each.
8. Drizzling the mayo on top is much easier than spreading it on with a spoon. It also helps to keep the texture of the salad light and fluffy, instead of dense and compact.
9. For the last layer, finely grate the egg whites (3-4) only and drizzle with the same amount of mayo. This time, spread out the mayo with a spoon evenly on top of the egg whites.
10. Mash up the egg yolks with a fork in a small bowl, or press them through a fine mesh sieve. Sprinkle on top of the salad. I garnished the salad with salmon Roe.
About Chef Alexander Prus
Chef Alexander Prus, currently one of the personal chefs on home chef platform MobiChef, has comprehensive culinary experience in authentic, traditional Russian, Georgian and French cuisine. Before he started working in Hong Kong in 2001, he was sous chef and pastry chef at several restaurants in Moscow and Krasnodar, Russia. During his years in Hong Kong, Chef Alex has worked in fine-dining Russian restaurants. More about Alexander and the menus he does for you here: